2007/02/26

Marketing Lingo For A Laugh

The obligatory link: Coca-cola redesigns cans

"This new campaign invites people to create their own positive reality, to be spontaneous, listen to their hearts and live in full color." So says Coke's senior V.P. in charge of... something. If you're not laughing too hard at that line of marketing crapspeak, you can click on the link above to find out.

So, I can drink Coke, create a reality of my choosing, do stuff 'cause I feel like it, and I can finally step out of this monochrome TV set? ... ... ... This is fine, but a ballplayer drinking a beer constitutes misleading advertising? There are plenty of words to describe this, but I hesitate to do so where they may be found by women, children, and other people of upstanding morals. Oh well, a giggle, guffaw, or belly laugh is fine, too.

No comments: